Rachel Hershberger, MS CNS LDN
Why I do this work
I am an imperfect human in constant practice.
My work with nutrition has been shaped by my own experiences and the experiences of the people I love.
Suffering with IBS, anxiety and hypoglycemia throughout my early life, I was driven to find the underlying mechanisms causing my ill-health. I knew, deep down, that the answer was within. If I could figure out what was out of balance, I could change my life for the better.
There is no greater honor than contributing to another’s wellbeing and ability to thrive. This is my passion and personal mission.
- Herbal Medicine for Health Professionals, Rebecca Snow, MS CNS LN RH (AHG), 2017
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- Metabolic Imprinting: Mapping Pre-Conception and Prenatal Nutrition Concerns, Michael Stone, MD, MS and Leslie Stone, MD
- Cleveland Clinic Grand Rounds, Robert Heydaya, MD - Functional Medicine for Depressive Disorder, 9/16
- Cleveland Clinic Grand Rounds, Alessio Fasano, MD - How Early Nutrition Influences Gut Microbiome and Metabolic Profiles in Health and Disease, 12/16
- Cleveland Clinic Grand Rounds, Terry Wahls, MD - Dietary Approaches to Treating MS related Fatigue 1/17
- Professional Internship - Rebecca Snow, MS CNS LN RH (AHG), 2016
Who I Serve
There is a Reason Why You Are Here.
I work with people of all shapes, sizes, backgrounds, colors, and genders. I'll meet you where you are. Together, we'll find solutions that fit your needs and goals.
Do you want real, sustainable change that fits your life? Do any of these sound familiar?
- You feel like your food is fighting you and are uncomfortable after eating
- You're constantly fatigued
- You have strong cravings for foods you "shouldn't" eat
- Something feels like it is missing but you don't know what
- You're having a hard time losing weight
- You feel like PMS and your period have taken over your life
- You have a chronic condition and want to feel better
- You know where you want to be and are confused about how to get there
- You know what you need to do, but just can't seem to get the motivation
...I can help!
Areas of Specialty
- anxiety, depression and mood disorders
- autoimmune conditions
- GI wellness
- food allergies, intolerance and sensitivity
- improving relationship with food and body
- hormonal imbalances
- blood sugar balance
- fertility issues, PCOS and PMS
- Lyme disease
- weight management
- inflammatory conditions and chronic illness
Have something specific you'd like to address and don't see it listed? Let's talk!
- Certified Nutrition Specialist
- Licensed Dietitian-Nutritionist (PA)
- In Private Practice and Resident Clinical Nutritionist at Philadelphia Integrative Medicine
I hold a Master of Science in Nutrition, with advanced studies in herbal medicine, autoimmunity, sports nutrition, lab assessment, digestive wellness and disease, fertility and hormone balance, Lyme disease, whole foods cooking and food energetics.
I've studied under and attended courses by pioneering leaders in Nutrition and Functional Medicine like Liz Lipski, Paul Pitchford, Terry Wahls, AnneMarie Colbin, Rebecca Snow and Deanna Minich.
- Member and Ambassador, Board for the Certification of Nutrition Specialists
- Member, American College of Nutrition